ROAD COURSE EXPERIENCE
The High Voltage Road Course Experience places participants on track at Sonoma Raceway with the purpose of teaching them the track and helping them get familiar with the course layout and racing line. This segment was created for those who are looking to experience what Sonoma Raceway has to offer and want to ramp up their knowledge and speed at a safe pace. We’re excited to announce that this package will continue to feature classroom time and on-track lead and follow lapping from qualified instructors like acclaimed racer Randy Pobst, 24 hour Daytona racer Ian Baas and SCCA World Challenge architect and racer Mitch Wright on Sonoma’s beautiful 2.5-mile road course. The Road Course Challenge is open to any make and model of vehicle as long as it is a fully electric vehicle and passes tech.
For those participants that have road course experience on tap already, the HHV team has a segment of time set aside where you will be able to produce flying laps in an effort to set a fully electric vehicle lap record.
Registration limited! Sign up today to secure your spot!
Road Course Experience Rules:
The Road Course Challenge will be run on both days of High Voltage Experience, Saturday and Sunday. Road Course participants are encouraged to check out the rest of the our High Voltage activities when not on track or in the classroom. Various other event segments and exhibition-style displays will be taking place. Refer to the schedule to plan out the rest of your weekend!
The Time Attack is a high-speed on-track event testing driver skill and car handling characteristics. Vehicles will run in groups of 12-15 cars on track simultaneously. The Race Director will have complete discretion to determine run groups and the number of run sessions.
- Only the registered participant may drive the vehicle.
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of laps. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- No passengers will be allowed during any portion of the Road Course time trial.
- Helmet use is required (SA2020 or newer) for all drivers. The road course design will permit speed in excess of 100 MPH. Drivers must provide their own helmets – motorcycle helmets will not be allowed.
- SAFETY GEAR requirements: Helmets, long sleeves, long pants, close-toed shoes, and fire-resistant gloves are required for all drivers. The use of fire suits is highly recommended.
- Each lap of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of laps. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- Participants that go four wheels off or fail to navigate the course properly may be asked to leave the competition.
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The road course will not be run during inclement weather and will be determined at the event organizer’s discretion.
Holley will be awarding a $500 prize to the lowest elapsed time for each of the three classes: Stock, Street Prepared & Full Race